Monday, September 14, 2009

Greenway Arts Festival this Saturday!


On Saturday, Sept. 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., I'll participate in the 5th annual Greenway Arts Festival in Murfreesboro, Tenn. This cool little one-day event takes place on the Murfreesboro Greenway, located on the banks of the historic Stones River, near the trailhead at Thompson Lane.

Over 60 artists, crafts-people and musicians are scheduled to participate in the event, which normally draws a really good crowd of interested people … as well as a large contingent of those who happened upon the festival while exercising on the Greenway.

As in past years, I plan on showcasing many of my limited-edition giclee prints, but I’ll also have a variety of original paintings – including several which have never been seen by anyone other than me and Betsy.

I’ll also reveal for the first time my latest painting, entitled “Seventeen.” This intensely-colored portrait of 17 brook trout of various sizes, shapes and strains was several months in the making, as the detailed work required many, many hours of pure painting fun. I’m proud of the finished work, and look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks about it.

Please come by my booth – I’ve reserved two spaces this year – and say hi. I’d love to see you!

I’m also very hard at work on redesigning my Web site. Hopefully, I can put down the paint brush – and the fly-rod – long enough in the coming days to finally get it done.

No comments: